- It takes 12 honeybees to produce one tablespoon of honey. That’s so cute. Hard workers!
- Honeybees are the only insect to produce a food eaten by man. I wonder if they get annoyed at us though – I mean, it’s not like they were making it for us – they were making it for the queen, sorry we stole it.
- Honey is the only food that includes all the substances necessary to sustain life, including enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and water. And it’s the only food that contains pinocembrin, an antioxidant associated with improved brain functioning. Who knew they were so talented?
- Mead, also called honey wine, is an alcoholic beverage that is produced by fermenting a solution of honey and water. Archaeological evidence places this beverage back to around 7000 BC. Imagine if they found an old school bottle of the stuff…
- In other honey-related news, this is what I look like when they bring ANY KIND of food to my table:
This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.