This salad hits on all cylinders: it’s my High Protein House Salad with Non-Dairy Ranch Dressing!
I created this recipe to basically cut out all the negative things anyone could say about salads. First of all, this one is made with nutrient-rich romaine lettuce, instead of the bland iceberg that usually comes with a house salad at a restaurant.
Next, I added some chickpeas for a kick of protein: now you can actually call this a full meal and eat a large quantity — and feel no guilt whatsoever.
With all the fiber of the chickpeas and the rest of the ingredients, plus the protein…it’s basically the Greek Goddess of salads.
And lastly, I am using a vegan, non-dairy ranch dressing that you make at home. You get all the healthiness, no preservatives…you don’t hurt any animals, it’s high-protein from the cashews…seriously. What more could you ask for?? :-)
This salad will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
The accompanying video is short and sweet and shows you just how you’ll make it.
Watch the Recipe Video
My favorite products shown in the video:
- 1 cup cashews
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- ¼ large red onion, thinly sliced
- To make the dressing, in a blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth and creamy.
- For the salad, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve with homemade ranch dressing.