Here is a really easy side dish recipe that I love so much it hurts…Baked Sweet Potato Spears.
I first published this recipe a while back in my Free Healthy Favorites Recipe E-Cookbook that I give away on my site for signing up for the email newsletter. If you haven’t gotten your copy yet, be sure to sign up for it now! You’ll receive it free after you sign up…and you’ll always get the updates when I post new awesome recipes (healthy or alcohol-related). :P
And I’m telling you, these baked sweet potato spears are the perfect accompaniment to any meal as a side dish…and they even go perfectly paired with just a hearty (or light) salad.
For a super healthy and tasty alternative to typical baked sweet potatoes, sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on these babies. Did you know cinnamon is considered a superfood? Lab research has shown it has anti-cancer and anti-diabetes properties! So sprinkle away!
- 4 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut lengthwise into spears
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, using a mister
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On an aluminum foil lined baking tray, spread the sweet potatoes into a single layer. Using a mister with your favorite olive oil, lightly coat each side of the sweet potatoes (or just drizzle some to lightly coat each spear if you don’t have a mister). Sprinkle with, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway through the time, until potatoes are tender all the way through.
PRO TIP: You can cut the sweet potatoes into whatever shape you like. French fry shapes won’t need as much time and will need to be flipped sooner. Nuggets will cook similar to the spears. Try to make all the pieces similar size so they cook evenly!