Ok so this just happened.
I love the feeling you get when you have been creating recipes with certain guidelines for long enough that you just come up with genius sometimes, totally out of the blue.
That’s the magic happening with me and Nutritarian recipes, now that I’ve finished my 42-Day Nutritarian Challenge (and dropped 12 pounds! :)
This is one of my new favorite smoothies. It’s got tons of greens, and a flavor that is KILLER. And with a Vitamix, you’ve got liquid chocolate gold — and it’s super healthy!!
I was inspired to make this because one of our apartment complex neighbors planted mint in the common area and now it’s growing like a weed. It does that super easily here in Florida. I walk past it every day and see it, thinking, “Man, I gotta make something with mint…” That and having strawberries in the fridge that needed eating, I came up with this beauty.
There’s no more words for it other than you’ll LOVE IT. Check it out:
- 1½ cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ¼ cup fresh mint (substitute ⅛-1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract)
- 2 large stalks bok choy, washed and broken into pieces
- 1 handful kale
- 1-2 cups fresh strawberries, tops removed (frozen ok too)
- 3-4 large medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 frozen banana
- ice (optional)
- Add all ingredients except ice to the blender and blend until completely pulverized. If you use the high setting, it may get warmer after a minute or so. Just add ice as desired and blend again.