You see, Jason was my son, and today is his birthday…
–Pamela Voorhees, Friday the 13th
Last Friday the 13th, I shared with you the Black Cat Cocktail and the Good Luck Charm Cocktail for the Friday 5 O’Cocktail to cancel out any bad luck you might be facing on this superstitious day. Today I’m just going to go right ahead and give you a Lucky Irish Iced Coffee recipe to ward anything off that might be coming your way. Just kidding, I don’t believe in that stuff!! Haha, *nervous laughter*, hahaha!!! Let’s get to the recipe:
Lucky Iced Irish Coffee
2 cups ice cubes
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup hot water
2 cups freshly brewed coffee, chilled
3/4 cup Irish whiskey
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- Crush ice in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag using a meat mallet.
- Combine sugar and hot water in a pitcher; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add coffee, whiskey, and chocolate syrup, stirring to blend.
- Fill serving glasses with crushed ice, then pour coffee mixture over the ice.
- Whip cream and sugar to soft peaks.
- Top each drink with a spoonful of cream and serve.